January 13, 2011

Passport Application

Well dear friends and family, I have been to the Canadian embassy, and boy was it strict in there!! Full airport-style security with baggage check and all. Cell phones and cameras not allowed. In fact my cell phone had to be turned off before being put away for safe keeping while I was inside!

Anyways, onto business. After being told to correct several things and top up other info on my form, I was told that I had to find another Guarantor since my pastor friend cannot qualify. In fact, pastors are no longer at all able to be used as Guarantors. Anyone know why that is? Does the government have something against pastors in this area? Since I didn't know who else to get as a Guarantor, I had to fill out a "Decloration of Identity in Lieu of a Guarantor" that costed me an extra 35€!! Oh well. Either way, the woman said that even though the standard processing time for passports is 3 weeks, she would do her best to get it done in under 2 weeks, even perhaps 10 days!! What a blessing it was to hear that. So gotta make plans of what to do here for the coming 2 or less weeks. Any ideas? :) Please note: I am NOT made of money! Simply riding a train across country goes for no less than 80 Euros, and that's on a slow train...

2 comments:

  1. God Bless, Curtis, this is Dema Noel's new Grandma ! I wish you could get back to bid Eric & Dema farwell, but I know your thoughts & prayers go with them, and I personally thank you for what you do for these children. and for being there for Dema while he waited for God to send him Eric & Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtis I am praying you get that passport in 10 days. I also wonder if you can find something to volunteer to do in the church there. Personally if I was handed 10 days free time I would read and walk lots. If you have a little money, take a city tour and then revisit the important places by public transit over the next week and explore them. Many will be free.

    ReplyDelete