January 23, 2011

On the Road in Germany: Part 2

<Continued from the previous post, 'On the Road in Germany: Part 1'. >

I arrived in Bielefeld, in the company of some old church friends of my parents who are missionaries working as pastors at the local church here in town. They are very generous and kind, and have been very hospitible. I have my own room to use, all the ammenities, and am fed very well! The weather here has been very chilly, foggy, and rainy. So I have no pictures to show of this beautiful town. For the most part I have spent my time doing paperwork for our ministry and even went shopping one day and bought a lot of nice warm clothes needed for the Ukrainian winters! :)

Due to my expectation of having to wait for my passport for two weeks, I planned to stay here in their company for about a week before heading back to Berlin to wait off the rest of the period for my passport. Well, as luck and blessings would have it, I got a phone call on the second day of my stay here. Sure enough, it was the Canadian embassy in Berlin calling to tell me that my passport was ready - ALREADY!!! That means it only took only ONE WEEK for them to process, not even the 2 weeks that the lady promised me! Praise God!!! But this new turn of events left me with a change of plans. So, now I plan to leave for Berlin tomorrow, but along the way I plan to stop over along the way at an old friend's place for the night. This means I will be in Berlin on Tuesday. Due to the Canadian embsasy only being open until 12 noon, I'll head over there as early as possible on Wednesday morning to grab my passport, then straight on to the Ukrainian embassy to apply for my visa. If all goes well and good, I should have the visa in hand by Friday, meaning I could potentially be back in Ukraine come Sunday or Monday!!!!!!!

The application of the Ukrainian visa is of utmost importance to my entrance into Ukraine earlier than Feb 28. So, I ask of all those who read this: PLEASE PRAY for the visa application to go through QUICKLY and SMOOTHLY, with no troubles!! And then, for a quick booking of a cheap flight back to Ukraine. The final hurdle will be actual entrance into the country by the airport customs agent! All these things require prayer, and I ask for your help in prayer with all these things. Thanks so much, and I'll keep you all posted as things happen!

1 comment:

  1. You have my prayers and my best wishes Curtis. You are a very special guy and I love what you do and who you are. Hang in there, get it done, and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete