April 10, 2011

It's been a while.

Today I quickly signed in to my Blogger account for any updates on friends' blogs and noticed how long it's been since I have posted!! It's been far too long.

Since my last post many things have happened. First off, we had a few guests - three sisters from the village stay at our team apartment for a few days. These girls are from a family of 6 children, all under 12 years old! Their family lives in a one room house in the village and can barely afford to put a loaf of bread on the table each day. The father is an honest man, and tries to support his family, but as of late he has become terribly ill and the family has come into many problems. We are always glad to take the kids in and provide them with clothes and treating them out to McDonalds and feeding them tons of fruits and vegetables to improve their health. The kids are such sweethearts, and so very smart. Our hearts go out for them. Please keep this family in your prayers, and that the father can get well again and provide for the family.

One of the reasons why I haven't written in a while is because my computer died. Right now I am writing on my iPod, and it's rather difficult. But I can get by. The only downside to this is that I can't post any pictures. I sent my computer away for repairs, and was told that the video card and motherboard are fried. The cost of repair will be more than half of the computer's worth, so it makes little sense to bother. I will be getting a new one sent over with one of the teams coming in Summer.

Also, for those who are wondering where my scooter went as of late - I have handed it over to a local dealer who will sell it and hand me the proceeds, while he takes his cut off of that. I am happy it's out of my hands, because right now I am scrounging up money to buy a car here. Hopefully that'll happen soon!!

Speaking of things to buy, A month ago I ordered a bed and nightstand for my room. Well, last week it finally came to my apartment and Adam and I put it together. So now I have a nice place to sleep, instead of that old mattress I slept on for so long with springs that dug into my back. Next step - a wardrobe or dresser to store my clothes in instead of the suitcases that they are in now.

In two days a team from Canada will be arriving here to visit and renovate some rooms at a local orphanage for disabled men. Please keep posted as I let you in on the progress of that and everything else! I'll do my best to keep posting more frequently!

Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment